Rebuilt From Salvage Title In Colorado
Rebuilt from salvage is an equivalent of rebuilt title in Colorado given to reconstructed salvage vehicles. Please, note that salvage title in CO is issued only to those vehicles damaged in excess of fair market value, which are no older than 6 years at the time of damage. The types of eligible damage include Accident/Collision, Flood and weather (excluding hail damage), Vandalism and other types.
How to get a Rebuilt Title In Colorado
- Have the motor vehicle inspected by a P.O.S.T. certified inspector (ask at your local motor vehicle office where to find the inspector). The inspection fee is $20.00.
- Have the Certified VIN Inspection form (DR 2704) completed by a P.O.S.T. certified inspector
- Complete the Salvage Title Statement of Fact (form DR 2424) that lists all the methods and parts used to convert the salvage vehicle into a roadworthy state.
- Sign the statement on the face of the Salvage Title certifying that the vehicle is roadworthy, pursuant to C.R.S. 42-4-201 through 42-4-234.
- Put a "REBUILT FROM SALVAGE" stamp on the vehicle in letters at least 1/4 inch in size. On motorcycles, the stamp should be located on visible place on the frame, on trailers the stamp should be adjacent to the public vehicle identification number, on class A Motor Home — on the main entrance doorjamb, on other vehicles (including cars) - on the the driver's door B pillar (the body post to which the driver's door latches).
- Be ready to provide receipts for repair works and major parts used in repair at your motor vehicle office when filing an application for a Colorado rebuilt salvage title.
"Rebuilt from Salvage" will be printed on the vehicle title once it is issued. All the necessary forms can be found at the CO DMV site
Rebuilt From Salvage Disclosure in Colorado
Colorado has strict rebuilt vehicles regulations which helps protect used car shoppers from buying low-value vehicles at high cost. Specifically, in connection with salvage and rebuilt title cars sale Colorado, every rebuilt vehicle owner is obliged to sign a selling a Rebuilt from Salvage Disclosure form to inform the buyer about the presence of salvage history. The failure to disclose the salvage history is a misdemeanor according to Colorado law.
Rebuilder's Title in CO
Please, don't be confused about "rebuilt from salvage" title Colorado and rebuilder's title. The latter is issued to NON-roadworthy collector's vehicles with early manufacturing date (at at least 25 years old) or having historical value, which are located in Colorado. Such vehicles are not roadworthy, have a rolling chassis and no ownership document as required by the law. However, after all the necessary repair works are done, such vehicles can receive are regular title.